Sunday, October 5, 2014

A letter to the guy who left a sarcastic comment on my Instagram picture.

Hey.
So you might say that it wasn't sarcastic and that you truly meant that you could see. But it brought back memories. Memories of being picked on all throughout elementary, junior high and high school. I was always the chubby friend. I developed faster than all of my friends. I was the girl with a pretty face. I used to look in the mirror and hate my body, hate my cheeks that were too chubby and my boobs that were too big. I have been on every diet that you can name. I have tried everything under that sun. I lost 20 pounds and gained back 30. You know what? 
I learned that it was a slow process. I learned that no matter what i did my boobs were not going anywhere. I learned that i have a tendency to not finish things that I start but at the same time i am extremely stubborn. 

You don't know me. You don't know that I am an extremely strong person. You don't know that bullying is something that just pisses me off. What if I wasn't? What if I was one insult away from not eating for the rest of the week. What if i had a thyroid problem and couldn't lose weight. Honestly there are so many girls out there that are not as strong as I am, i would hate to see how they would react to what you said. 

Honestly though, it just motivated me to try harder, to get back at it 10 fold. 
So thank you.

Marisa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment